Validating and Analyzing Job Evaluation Results with Encompassing Visions™
Analyzing job evaluation results is an important part of the process in understanding how our software can help your organization. The Job Evaluation module in Encompassing Visions (ENCV) is designed to be transparent and equitable, specifically addressing quality, consistency, interpretation, explanation and understanding of job evaluation results with the following software features and functionalities:
- The Envitae™ questionnaire provides 85 unique and detailed insights into every job while simultaneously capturing competency information that reflects your organization’s culture and competitive advantage. (See table below.) This ensures comprehensive and job-specific documentation of behavioural expectations and understanding of required Skill, Effort, Responsibility and Working Conditions without any requirement for subjective interpretation. As a bonus, our approach to succinctness enables more precise job evaluation recommendations in considerably less time than any other methodology.
- All elements of questionnaire terminology can be easily configured to reflect the culture of your organization.
- ENCV enables multiple questionnaires to be independently completed by job incumbents. It then presents both the consolidated and individual questionnaire results for analysis, confirmation and/or discussion as required.
- This process ensures consistency in understanding and assists organizations in the identification of jobs that truly should not be considered similar.
- An ‘Elaboration’ button attached to each factor and sub-factor in Envitae provides an alternative way to explain each question, which helps ensure a common understanding.
- An ‘Example’ button that displays the names of approved benchmark jobs also awarded that same response serves as a ready reference to ensure consistency.
- Each response option has a ‘Justification’ button that opens a text field for recording the thinking and rationale behind any potentially controversial response entered and/or approved.
- Information across multiple jobs is assessed simultaneously during our standard implementation process. This allows team leaders to better ensure the consistency of their Envitae responses across a group of jobs such as a department, or in the development of career ladders.
- ENCV has built-in monitors to validate more than 180 combinations of questionnaire responses, identify where any inconsistencies in logic may have occurred, and provide explanation as to why there appears to be a problem.
- ENCV functionality ensures that any changes to the Envitae responses of an original “Benchmark” job are automatically rippled through the software to consistently update the job questionnaires of every cloned job in the same way. Analyzing and Validating Job Evaluation Results with Encompassing Visions™
- A ‘Job Total Points’ report enables users to review the relative rank of jobs based on total points for Skill, Effort, Responsibility and Working Conditions. Data can be filtered by any combination of Job Family, Job Group, Job Level, and Organizational Unit.
- The ‘Job Questionnaire Cross Reference’ report provides a mechanism to review each Envitae question for multiple jobs, grouped under the categories of Skill, Effort, Responsibility and Working Conditions. Data can be filtered by any combination of Job Family, Job Group, Job Level, and Organizational Unit.
- The ‘Competency List’ report enables users to assess the relative importance of behavioural competencies for a single job to ensure that expectations for demonstrating organizational culture and/or competitive advantage are appropriately weighted.
- The ‘Job Competency Cross Reference’ report enables users to assess the relative importance of behavioural competencies across multiple jobs to ensure the appropriate relative weighting of organizational culture and/or competitive advantage competencies. Data can be filtered by any combination of Job Family, Job Group, Job Level, and Organizational Unit.
- The ‘Job/Points Matrix’ report arrays job evaluation results by displaying Job
- Titles grouped vertically by hierarchical level and horizontally by Job Family, Job Group, or Organization Unit.
- After a job evaluation result has been approved by your organization, any/every future change to that job record (i.e., who made it, when, and to what effect) is automatically recorded in the ENCV’s database and available for viewing in the system-generated ‘Job Audit’ report.
- Job data captured by Envitae is used by ENCV to generate organizationally branded Job Descriptions which facilitate respect, integrity and accountability when shared with job incumbents.
- ENCV can be used to evaluate every job in your organization due to the granularity of ENCV’s job analysis, while its technology enables easy management of the data with transparent and equitable Job Evaluation results. It also enables your organization the opportunity to store multiple job level tables and manage multiple pay lines in one database.
- The ‘Selection Rationale’ report documents evaluation decisions and ‘Justification’ comments entered for a Job. This report provides an historical record to help ensure the integrity of evaluations over time.
If you’re searching for solutions to job evaluation within your organization, we’d love to be of service. Our industry-leading job evaluation software at Encompassing Visions provides critical tools to help understand and engage the important process of job evaluation. If you would like to request a free demo of our industry-leading job evaluation software, we’d love to chat with you to discuss how we can help your organization. Fill in the short form below!
What are the requirements of Pay Equity Compliance?
JobEvaluationSoftware.ca is a division of Encompassing Visions, the industry leader in job evaluation software.
One Executive Place
Suite 700, 1816 Crowchild Trail NW
Calgary, Alberta, Canada